CAFE INCENTIVE TIME now through September 11, 2020! Learn more here.
Please take a moment to read the following guidelines on using the cafeteria this 2020-21 school year.
How do I purchase lunch from the Cafeteria?
- The Mercy Cafe has been split into 2 identical cafeterias.
- Both cafeteria sides will serve EXACTLY THE SAME ITEMS, so you only need to go to one side
- Purchase your lunch items prior to 4th hour before school or during passing time
- Lunch time will be after 4th hour, in your 4th hour classroom
- The cafeteria will be open during the following times
- Before school from 7:30am - 8:00am
- During passing time between 1st/2nd hour, 2nd/3rd hour, 3rd/4th hour
- The cafeteria will be closed from 4th hour to the end of the day
- One side of the cafeteria will open from 2:35pm - 2:50 for after school snacks
What are my payment options this year?
- For a touchless experience, please consider loading money to your ID card amount. - see attached information regarding this process
- Will continue to accept cash
- Incentives are offered 2 times a year - see attached information
- LOADING CARDS - ID cards will be loaded BEFORE and AFTER school only.
- Please write your ID number on any checks or envelopes you bring in
What are the lunch options this year from the cafeteria?
- All items will be cold, pre-packaged grab and go meals consisting of sandwiches, salads, and grain bowls on a rotating schedule. The menu can be found on the Mercy Website.
- Vegetarian options will be available for main entree of the day
- Beverages and Snacks will also be available
- Items that are not available at this time include: Soup, Salad Bar, Ice Cream, Slushies, Coffee/Cappuccino, Pizza/Bosco/Pretzels, and Breakfast items
- Also not available at this time: Use of Ice/Water machine in the cafeteria or use of microwaves
How Do I Navigate the Cafeteria?
- Each cafeteria side will have a designated ENTER and EXIT door. Enter through the correct doorway depending on which hallway you are coming from
- Wait patiently in line, using the floor signs to social distance 6 feet apart
- Have your loaded ID card or cash ready for quick check out
- When it's your turn to grab your lunch items, please be quick but do not crowd the person in front of you, maintain your social distance
- Continue to the register to pay for your food.
- Silverware, napkins and lunch sacs will be available next to the register
- Exit quickly following the arrow signs
What if I was unable to get lunch before 4th Hour?
- Please inform your 4th hour teacher that you were not able to make it to the cafeteria and have nothing for lunch. Arrangements can then be made.