The course will be facilitated by Mrs. Zena Samona-Ibrahim ’96. Mrs. Ibrahim taught middle school science at Our Lady of Sorrows School, and has been instructing a prep course for the HSPT for 15 years. We are thrilled to welcome her back to Mercy to prepare our prospective students for this exam.
The course will focus on helping students acquire greater expertise in reading, verbal, math, and test taking skills. The subjects covered will include:
- Reading comprehension and vocabulary
- Grammar, usage, and writing skills
- Algebraic operations
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Test taking skills
The course will cost $75 and will include a copy of The Peterson’s Master the Catholic High School Entrance Exam. Snacks and water will be provided.
Please click here to complete registration form and return to Mercy High School with $75 check made payable to Zena Samona.
Contact Mrs. Zena Samona-Ibrahim for any questions: 248-804-1913 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIGH SCHOOL PLACEMENT TEST
Eighth grade students interested in attending Mercy must take the High School Placement Test. Cost of the HSPT is $50. All students must register online to take the HSPT. Online registration will be open through the Thursday before the test. Walk-ins will be accepted.
HSPT DATES 2019-20
Test Day Information
- The High School Placement test, measuring proficiency in English, reading, vocabulary, math, problem solving and science, is administered to eighth grade students. Test results and school records determine acceptance to Mercy High School.
- There is a $50 fee to take the placement test. You may pay online via credit card with your registration. Payments via cash or checks payable to Mercy High School will be accepted testing day.
- Please arrive at 7:30am for check-in and testing begins at 8:00am. Enter Mercy by doors nearest flagpole, 11 Mile side of school.
- Have two sharpened #2 pencils.
- A snack will be provided during the break.
- NO calculators allowed.
- Register online here