2020-2021 COURSE GUIDES
The Mercy Course Planning Guide for 2021-2022 will be available in February 2021.
Beginning in March, Counselors will meet with students individually to discuss and confirm course selections for the next school year. Students will be assigned a specific appointment time. Registration directions for each class will be posted second semester.
Mercy High School is a college preparatory school and thus strongly suggests that students plan their course of studies carefully. A total of 24 credits and 8 semesters of full enrollment (6 classes per semester) are required for graduation. One semester course earns .5 credit. A single course may not be used to fulfill a dual credit.
These 24 credits include:
- 4 credits English
- 3 credits Social Studies include:
- 4 credits Mathematics include:
- 3 credits Laboratory Science include:
- 2 credits of one World Language
- 3.5 credits Religious Studies
1 credit Visual, Performing and Applied Arts
- .5 credit iExplore (Beginning Class of 2022)
- .5 credit Speech
- .5 credit Physical Education/Swim
- .5 credit Health
- 1.5 credits Electives
COMMUNITY SERVICE REQUIREMENT
All students must complete a minimum of 40 community service hours.