WELCOME TO THE 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR
Dear Mercy Family,
On behalf of Mercy Faculty & Staff, we welcome you to the 2023-24 school year! We are grateful for your choice of a Mercy education for your daughter(s) and are filled with joy and energy to walk with you in the path of this year's many adventures.
We send an especially warm welcome to our Freshman Class of 2027 and the ten students transferring from other schools! The excellent new faculty and staff joining Mercy this year include: Mrs. Kristen Gregory-Webb (9th grade counselor); Mr. Ramon Kryzhan (Math) and Mrs. Brenda Bagazinski (Math). Each brings to Mercy a wealth of expertise and enthusiasm for supporting our mission, values and our strategic goals.
There are many exciting new campus updates to share with you! We are very thankful to our faithful donors who made many of these improvements possible and extremely appreciative to our incredible facilities team who have worked over the summer to ensure our school shines.
- New Landscaping: Enjoy the fresh scenery as you approach the building. The appearance is unified and will have color year round. Lighting will feature new plantings and the Cross above the Reception Area in the evening.
- New Look in the Cafe: Thanks to our wonderful Cafe staff, the serving line has a welcoming feel with maroon walls and a brick style serving line. Maria (a master gardener) redesigned the entire Cafe courtyard.
- Office of Mission and Ministry: Mrs. Mary Kate Becker, Dr. Alison Kline-Kator and Mrs. Bennetts will work together to further integrate our mission and faith into everyday life and service this year. They have a newly designed office with updated furniture to come.
- Finished Locker Room Shower Area: Our two-year project is now complete and ready to use with beautiful shower facilities for PE and athletes.
- Auditorium: In anticipation of the Spring Musical Frozen, the auditorium ceiling was painted and the stage refinished. New lights and a projector that will enhance special effects were installed.
- New Outdoor Furniture: More areas in outdoor courtyards for students to gather.
- New Kiln: Art students will use a new kiln to fire up their pottery and sculpture pieces. This completes redesign efforts in the Art room with a new floor to come in the near future.
- Upgraded Electronic Outdoor Sign Coming Soon: Watch for Mercy news and announcements on a bigger, more graphic friendly sign on the corner of 11 Mile/Middlebelt Rd!
- Mercy Marlins Athletic Website: Check out MercyMarlins.com, your one stop digital home for all things athletics. It’s now even easier to get your schedules, scores, and stories.
- New Windows in the North Courtyard: In continuing our project to ensure better energy efficiency throughout the building, this summer included window upgrades in the North Courtyard. This quiet area offers a special devotion to Our Blessed Mother, Mercy's patroness.
- Mercy Mission, Core Values & Profile of the Graduate: In addition to the parking lot light banners, new Mission and Core Value signs are installed in every classroom, office and around the building. Special processional and recessional Core Value banners will be displayed at Mass and assemblies.
Fr. Mark Brauer, Pastor at St. Hugo of the Hills, will celebrate Mass with us as we open the school year on Wednesday, August 23. All parents/guardians are invited! Fr. Brauer will welcome all students for the first day of classes and bless the Senior Class of 2024.
Save the date for Parent Night on Wednesday, August 30 at 6:15pm. The evening offers a unique glimpse into your daughter's daily Mercy experience. You will have the opportunity to walk through her schedule and meet each of her teachers as they share their course plans with you. More evening details are forthcoming.
We are proud to work and pray in partnership with you as we continue to offer each student experiences to enrich their academic, spiritual and extracurricular programming to the Core Values and attributes defined within the Mercy Education Profile of the Mercy Graduate. Wishing you the best for a new Mercy school year!
May God's grace and blessings be in your path,
Dr. Cheryl Delaney Kreger '66