MERCY DAY OF CELEBRATION
As we near the end of another wonderful school year, we have planned a special final day of celebration for our student body tomorrow, Wednesday, May 17. The schedule can be found here and will include the Honors Convocation, Adviser Group parties, and the closing Moving Up assembly.
We hope that this day is a fitting end for students of every grade level, with special focus on our graduating Class of 2023. Our expectation is that all students will be present for the entire day. Please do not make arrangements for your daughter to either arrive late in the day or to leave early. Students who wish to participate in Adviser Parties and Moving Up also need to be in attendance at the Honors Convocation. Normal daily attendance procedures will be followed.
As always, we deeply appreciate your support and look forward to a memorable day of celebration!
Students are asked to please dress up nicely for this special day.
8:00am to 8:40am - Adviser Meeting, Party Set-up, Honors Convocation Preparation
All students should report to and remain in Adviser Group until they are called down to the Auditorium.
8:50am to 10:35am - Honors Convocation
Honors Convocation begins our Mercy Day of Celebration honoring students, staff and the achievements of the Class of 2023. Parents of all Seniors being honored are cordially invited to attend.
10:45am to 11:30am - Adviser Group Parties
11:40am to 1:40pm - Moving Up
All students must sign-out immediately after Moving Up. Buses depart at 1:55pm.
Moving Up is treasured event and we all want the students' experience to come first. To make sure it goes smoothly, we ask guests to follow guidelines as described for the safety of students, orderly closing of the school day, and enjoyment of all. If you intend to join us, we kindly ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- Seats will be clearly marked as reserved for students and staff and no one may venture into those areas.
- No preferred seating arrangements can be made for the elderly, children, etc. since space is limited. This event is not suited for any visitor who cannot stand comfortably for 30-40 minutes.
- No parking will be allowed in unlined spaces in the lot. Curbside access and egress is needed for buses. Security will direct vehicles away from our bus lanes.
- Please do not roam the aisles to take photographs during the ceremony. We truly need everyone to practice restraint so as not to hinder the students as they physically "move up" to their new sections of the auditorium.
- We ask that you not stay in the building between Honors Convocation and Moving Up.
These requests are made to assist us with giving priority to the students. Mercy Day of Celebration, specifically Moving Up is a special occasion that warrants a sincere request for cooperation. Thank you!