Please note the following information was sent to the Senior Class in regard to participating in an upcoming workshop. Mercy will provide the One Love Foundation "The Escalation Workshop" experience to our young women to equip them with the necessary tools to navigate relationships as they transition to college.
Click here for the One Love Foundation resource guide "Start the Conversation: How adults can talk to the young people in their lives about healthy and unhealthy relationships."
Class of 2023:
Did you know 94% of us will never perpetrate violence against our partner, yet 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men are in a violent relationship in his or her lifetime because we stay silent about this issue.
On Tuesday, March 28 from approximately 8:00am-11:15am, you will participate in a workshop provided by the One Love foundation called The Escalation Workshop. The workshop consists of an introduction and video that all of you will view together and then a group discussion facilitated by your peers, who have been trained by One Love.
Here are a few reminders for the One Love Escalation Workshop:
- You must arrive at school by 8am. Senior Passes/Privileges may not be used prior to 11:15am on this day.
- You will sign-in with your 1st hour teacher. You will be called down to the Auditorium after prayer. If you are unscheduled for 1st hour, still sign-in with your teacher. If you have a permanent 1st hour off, sign-in at the Reception Area.
- Please bring all your belongings with you when you are called down to the Auditorium.
- You will join 5th hour after the workshop.
- Take your belongings with you to S-18, not the Auditorium.
In case you want more info...
One Love, joinonelove.org, is a foundation that operates through a multi-layered education, awareness and movement-building campaign that surrounds young people with messages about healthy and unhealthy relationships. The Escalation Workshop is one of the workshops offered by One Love. Mercy provides this experience to our young women to equip you with the necessary tools to navigate relationships as you transition to college.
Here are some resources for dating violence/sexual assault on campus:
Ms. Cindy Richter
Student Activities & One Love Coordinator