Wednesday, December 7 - Test day for any last test/quiz/formal assessment in ANY Social Studies, Computer Science, or Art course.
Thursday, December 8 - Test day for any last test/quiz/formal assessment in ANY Science, World Language, or Physical Education course.
Thursday, December 8 - World Language Orals begin.
Friday, December 9 - Test day for any last test/quiz/formal assessment in ANY Math, Religious Studies, or Performing Arts course.
Friday, December 16 - All final English papers are due by this date.
Friday, December 16 - All class assignments should be graded and posted by midnight for ALL courses, except for final exams, essays, projects, and presentations.
Monday, December 12 - Friday, December 16
The five days prior to exams should be assessment free for students to prepare for final exams, complete final projects/presentations, and prepare for world language orals. Students can be assigned classwork but not extensive homework these days.
Final Exams Dates
Final exams are scheduled to last one (1) hour and 20 minutes and are given on the assigned test day and time.
Monday, December 19
1st hour: 8:30am - 9:50am
2nd hour: 10:00am - 11:20am
Tuesday, December 20
3rd hour: 8:30am - 9:50am
4th hour: 10:00am - 11:20am
5th hour: 11:30am - 12:50pm
Wednesday, December 21
6th hour: 8:30am - 9:50am
7th hour: 10:00am - 11:20am
Final exams are given on the assigned test day and time unless, for serious reasons and under rare circumstances, other arrangements have been made with Administration. Students must initiate that request two weeks before the date by completing and submitting this form to be signed by the parent, verifying the need for a change in test time, accompanied by appropriate documentation (i.e. medical documentation, airline tickets, etc.). The request must be approved by the Associate Principal of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Students, and the teacher involved.
Students can rearrange their final exams to ease their load on the 3,4,5 day or two hard finals on one day by changing the day/hour (but not to finish earlier). Please work with your teachers and request they send an email notification, approving this arrangement to Ms. McMaster. Make sure to thank your teacher for accommodating this request.
Thursday, December 22 - Thursday, January 5 - PowerSchool will be turned off on Thursday, December 22, and turned back on Thursday, January 5. The purpose of turning off PowerSchool is to give students and staff a true break over the holiday.
Please note staff are not expected to answer emails over the Christmas Holiday. Emails can be sent, yet staff are not expected to respond until staff return to school on Monday, January 9, 2023. Classes will start for students on Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
Thursday, January 12 - First semester grades will be reviewed, double-checked, and posted by 9:00am.
Final Exam/Essays/Project/Presentation Policy
Final Exams/Essays/Projects/Presentations will be weighted 20% of the final grade in ALL classes except for some courses in Performing Arts and Art departments. All Final exams/Essays/Projects/Presentations will be a common final assessment (exam, project, paper). This will be implemented in ALL courses. Exams need to be at least 75% the same for all students taking the course. The other 25% can be determined by each individual teacher.