Submitted on Wed, 03/06/2019 - 1:58pm
College Information Night for 10th & 11th Grade Families
Please join us for an evening of discussion about the college planning and admissions process. We welcome you and your daughter to attend our annual College Information Night held at Mercy High School on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:00pm in the Mercy Auditorium. The information presented will help you gain a comprehensive "look" at the college admissions process.
Five college admission representatives from different universities (Central Michigan, Duquense University, Michigan State University, University of Michigan and Villanova University) will join us in a panel discussion to answer the most commonly asked questions about college planning and admissions. Topics include:
- Best "fit" factors to consider when looking at prospective colleges (location, size, program of study, academic rigor, community, etc.)
- Preparing for the application process
- ACT/SAT tests
- What Michigan's switch to the SAT for their state exam means to students
- Admission Factors (grades, trend in grades, test scores, extracurricular involvement, etc.)
- Essay, resume, and letters of recommendation
- Application timeline
Come learn about the process from the insiders. We encourage all 10th and 11th grade families to attend this important event and look forward to your participation!