Source: Observer & Eccentric Media
Author: Larry Ruehlen, Editor
Officials at Mercy High School are getting ready for a weekend full of events that will celebrate the school's 70th anniversary.
Mercy High School, an all-girls, Catholic high school in Farmington Hills, will host various events to commemorate and "celebrate 70 years of educating women who make a difference," school officials said. More than 450 people will be on hand, including alumnae, former administrators and staff, board of trustees, school president, principal, the Sisters of Mercy and various supporters.
A variety of events are planned including:
- Bonfire for students, family and alumnae, taking place 8-10pm Thursday, September 24 at the softball fields.
- An invitation-only President's Reception and new history display blessing, 7-9pm, Friday, September 25
- An open house and luncheon from 12-3:30pm Saturday, September 26.
- A Mass of Thanksgiving at 10am Sunday, September 27. Advance RSVP required at mhsmi.org/70thanniversary
- The Make a Difference for Mercy Golf Outing 9am Monday, September 28 at Western Golf & Country Club.
Members of the Mercy community will reconnect with fellow classmates, staff, Sisters of Mercy and friends over lunch. The event will include tours, history display unveiling, a photo booth, spirit wear, individual class reunions and more. Cost is $30 in advance; RSVP required at mhsmi.org/70thanniversary.
Mercy High School is located at 29300 W. 11 Mile Rd. Visit mhsmi.org