CONGRATS MDC RAFFLE WINNERS!
Strong Arms of Mercy
The Mercy Dads Club invites you to support the Strong Arms of Mercy initiative of yearly scholarships awarded to students under the discretion of the Mercy Tuition Assistance Program.
Creation of a $1000 annual scholarship.
Supporting a student or family when circumstance warrants the need for the support of Strong Arms.
Email or call Mike McSweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-345-5445.
Donate today here and select "Other" in the designation category and include "Strong Arms of Mercy" upon making your contribution.
The Dad's Club gathers at 6:30pm in the school cafeteria, generally on the first Tuesday of each month; check the schedule to be certain. Food/Beer/Soda will be served at 6:30 with the meeting starting around 7:00. Every Dad/Guardian is considered a member of the Mercy Dad's Club and is encouraged to participate.
Mercy High School’s Dads Club supports the overall Mission of the school by providing support services to the entire school community.
Goals and Objectives
- Invite, participate and flourish relationships within the Dad community of Mercy.
- Share in the time our daughter has at Mercy; academically, spiritually, emotionally and in their participation in clubs and organizations.
- Support the entire community of Mercy with leadership, strength, presence, spirituality and financial responsibility.
All fathers or male guardians of enrolled Mercy High School students are automatically members.
Officers are elected each year at the May meeting and include a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Chairpersons of the major committees are included with the Club officers in forming the Executive Board of the Dads Club. The Executive Board is responsible for setting each month’s general meeting agenda and in carrying out the smooth operation of the Dads Club.
2018 - 2019 School Year
- 1) Funding Raising:
- a) Raising funds to benefit the school and students
- b) Submitting requests for donations to the Executive Board
- 2) Communications:
- a) Maintenance of the Dads Club Web site
- b) Communication between Executive board and the Dads Club membership
- 3) Membership:
- a) Increase participation among membership
- b) Run elections
- c) Maintain exposure throughout MHS functions
- 4) Social Activities:
- a) Institute and manage father-daughter activities throughout the year
- 5) Support Services:
- a) Provide volunteers to support various MHS functions.