CLASS OF 2022
God Bless the Mercy Class of 2022!
Thanks for coming to celebrate an all-night event with us. We had so much fun! Take a look at the photo memories via this DropBox link here. Once you click on it, we will give you access to over 500 photos to help you remember the night. If you have any questions, you can reach out to the lead of our photography team, Joanne Gutowsky via email at: email@example.com. Please note that the Dropbox link will expire at the end of June, so any pictures that you want, please access and download by then. Also, if you did not attend the Senior All Night Party, we have a Senior Gift Tote for you filled with some fun goodies that you can pick up at the Mercy Reception Area beginning Thursday, May 9. The Reception Area is open from 8:30am to 2:30pm through the summer and the gift totes will be there through the end of June. If you have any additional SANP questions, contact the Co-chairs: Marge Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann Fitzsimons at email@example.com.
Instagram Senior Feature
Don't miss out - DM your info to be featured! Be sure to follow @2022mercyseniors on Instagram to see where some Seniors are headed to college next year. Thanks to Student Government and Senior Class Officers for managing this account.
Mercy Google Account
Please be aware that on August 1, 2022 your Mercy Google account will be deactivated. This means all email and any files you have uploaded to your Mercy Google Drive will no longer be accessible. If you wish to transfer any of your content here is a link to Google Takeout, which will allow you to download a copy of most of your content and upload it to a personal Google account. Also, please be aware that if you have created any accounts on other sites or cloud based services (Dropbox, Box, Apple, etc.) using your Mercy email address, you will have to change those accounts to use a personal email address before August 1, 2022. Contact the I.T. Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
October 1: Senior Tailgate 7:00am-7:45am
- Watch for a Google Doc from the Class Officers for what to bring and further instructions.
October 15: Senior Blessing Mass "We're All in this Together"
- Attendance is mandatory. No early senior release.
- During 6th-7th Hour (1:15pm)
- Wear cap, gown and medallion
October 23: Senior Photo Yearbook Deadline for Prestige
December 1: Yearbook Congratulatory Ads Due
November: Senior Quotes Due
March 14: Senior Class Alumnae Luncheon (NEW DATE)
March 10: Service Hours and Reflection Paper
April 29: End of Year Promise Due
- An agreement that you will represent Mercy well in all of the end of year activities, including but not limited to, prom, Moving Up & graduation. If you do not submit the promise, you cannot participate in end of the year activities.
April 30: Senior Survey and Scholarship Notification Deadline
May 1: Graduation Gown Approval Deadline
May 12: Senior Prom
Roostertail (100 Marquette Dr, Detroit, MI 48214)
Arrival: 7:00pm - 7:30pm
End Time: 11:30pm (Cannot leave before 11:00pm)
- Advanced ticket purchase required for entry. If you have not met school obligations, the Business Office may hold your tickets until fulfillment.
- When students enter, they will be greeted by members of Administration, so please be prepared for formal introductions.
- A completed End of the Year Promise is required to attend.
- Roostertail Dress Code
May 16-17: Senior Final Exams
- A final exam experience for Seniors needs to occur on one of these days. Seniors are required to be present in class on May 16 and 17, only for final presentations, review days, or final exams/papers. This will be determined by the classroom teacher. Seniors will be able to come and go as they please but must enter and exit the lobby doors after school begins at 8:00am. Some sample scenarios: 1) A senior could have a review day on Monday, and the exam on Tuesday and therefore would be expected in class both days, 2) A final paper could be turned in on May 11 and the Senior would not need to attend class on May 16 and 17 since the final experience is complete, 3) Final presentations are held May 16 and 17 and all students are expected to be in class all days to present or critique other student presentations, 4) A final exam is given May 17 and students do not attend on May 16.
May 18: Mercy Celebration Day
- All Seniors are expected to be in attendance for the full day for Adviser Parties, Honors Convocation and Moving Up. We would like to invite Senior Parents/Guardians to join us for the Honors Convocation at 8:45am. Schedule for the day can be found here.
Mercy HS Auditorium
- Family members are invited and welcome to attend.
- Graduates are to wear their cap and gown along with proper dress-up attire.
- There will be a solemn procession in which Graduates present a rose to Mary, Our Lady of Mercy, who is our school patroness. This tradition dates back to when Mercy was at the former campus in Detroit.
- Speeches including: Senior Farewell; Heart of Mercy Honoree and Sr. Emily George Honoree.
- Reception for families to follow the celebration with light appetizers.
June 1: Final Grades & Transcripts
- Senior final grades are due by Wednesday, June 1 at 9am. Transcripts will be sent to the college designated on the Senior Survey on Tuesday, June 7, 2022.
June 2: Mandatory Graduation Practice
Aretha Franklin Amphitheater at Chene Park (2600 Atwater St, Detroit, MI 48207)
- Graduation practice is mandatory. If a student is not present, they will not be allowed to walk at the Graduation ceremony.
- Parking will be available at the gravel lot at Atwater and DuBois. Please use the West entrance located directly at the corner.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Please dress appropriately and bring the dress shoes to be worn at Graduation.
Graduate seating chart is now available here. Upon arrival, Graduate name place cards will also be on each seat for identification. Please be sure to return name cards to the Senior Moderators when leaving.
- All Graduation gowns must be approved by rehearsal.
June 6: Graduation Ceremony Date
Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre at Chene Park (2600 Atwater St, Detroit, MI 48207)
Graduate Arrival: 1:00pm at West Gate Backstage
Guest Arrival: 1:30pm at Main Gate
Parking: $10 Cash
Each Graduate received 10 graduation tickets and the deadline for extra tickets has now passed.
There will be plenty of walking - down to the stage, across the stage, up a series of steps to leave, so please plan your dress shoes appropriately.
Guest seating will be first-come, first-served and no seats can be saved. There will be handicap seating along the first walkway.
Please make note of where your daughter is sitting by referring to the graduate seating chart here.
Graduates will follow the path down toward the West aisle to go to the staging area to pick up roses and line-up.
Leave cell phones and personal belongings with a parent/guardian.
Valedictorian, Salutatorian and Student Government members will sit on the stage.
The ceremony will be livestreamed here and recorded. Thereafter, each Graduate will receive an individual Vimeo link to download and save the recording.
June 6: Senior All Night Party
The SANP will be held Monday, June 6 from 10:00pm - 5:00am (Must arrive by 11:00pm). It will be a wonderful event celebrating the Class of 2022 sisterhood.
Contact a Senior All Night Party Co-Chair with questions:
Marge Burns: email@example.com or 248-361-7703
Ann Fitzsimons: firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-421-2992
RESOURCES & FORMS
End of the Year Promise
All Seniors are required to complete and submit on Schoology the mandatory End of the Year Promise form.
Commemorative Class Memory Video
The cost is $25 and Memory Video Order Form is here and available on Schoology. Money and forms were due to Ms. Harris by May 17, 2022. Vimeo links to the memory video will be emailed.
Graduation Gown Approval
In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, every student must have her white graduation gown approved by Dr. Kreger or her assistant, Mrs. Wojcik. Graduation gown requirement letter found here. Please bring the dress to the Advancement Office or send a picture of the front and back of the dress, or a picture of you wearing the dress to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instagram Senior Feature
Be sure to follow @2022mercyseniors on Instagram to see where some Seniors are headed to college next year. Thanks to Student Government and Senior Class Officers for managing this account. Don't miss out - DM your info to be featured!
Adopt a Seat
Leave a legacy for your graduate! For a minimum contribution of $200, you can Adopt a Seat in your graduate’s honor in Mercy's Auditorium. For further info or to Adopt a Seat, click here or contact the Advancement Office at email@example.com.
Two marvelous Mercy Cafe Staff are available for your graduation party needs.
2022 Class Officer Board: Mary Katharine Acho Tartoni; Maria Johnson; Maggie McLogan; Anna Rimatzki; Morgan Rood; Sabrina Thomas
Senior Moderators Angela Harris-Schultheis and Christa Polan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean of Student Affairs Eleasha Tarplin: email@example.com
Associate Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org