Julia Bishop; Madeline Kenney; Olive Rentz; Rachael Salah; Natalie Sultana
Please note Class of 2021 events are tentative and dates may change depending on COVID-19 MI Safe Start Phase status. Be sure to click back often for announcements, links, updates. All seniors are asked to frequently login and check the Class of 2021 Schoology Page for news from your Senior Class Officers and Moderators.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNICATIONS
Mercy Offering October 10 ACT
Mercy will serve as a testing site for the Saturday, October 10, 2020 ACT test. This opportunity is open to current Mercy seniors. If you are interested in registering or switching from a different site, please contact Dr. Kline-Kator (firstname.lastname@example.org, or 248-476-8020 x1560) to get the code needed to access.
Registration for October ACT testing closes Friday, September 25. Mercy will not show up as an option through searching - the code is required. Please note that if the state moves to COVID-19 MI Safe Start Plan Phase 3, the test will be cancelled. We are also planning for a later winter option open to juniors and seniors, and hope to resume normally scheduled national testing dates in spring 2021. If you have further questions, contact Dr. Kline-Kator.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
September 24: College Application Information Meeting
October: Deadline to submit BABY PICTURES for Memory DVD
TBD: Senior Blessing Mass
October 31: Senior Photo Yearbook Deadline for Prestige
November: Yearbook Congratulatory Ads Due
November: Senior Quotes Due
TBD: Kairos Retreat #1
December: Deadline to submit PICTURES of Freshwoman, Sophomore and Junior Year for Memory DVD
January/February: Senior Class - Alumnae Luncheon from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm at Glen Oaks, Farmington Hills. The Class of 2021 will gather with Mercy High School alumnae for a special sisterhood luncheon. Bus transportation will be provided. Professional dress is required (e.g., dresses, suits, skirts, or dress pants). Skirts and dresses should be worn no more than two inches above the knee.
TBD: Kairos Retreat #2
March: Service Hours and Reflection Paper
April: Deadline to submit PICTURES of Senior Year for Memory DVD
April: End of Year Promise Due and Alternative Spring Break Papers Due
TBD: Kairos Retreat #3
April: Memory DVD $25 Order Form Due
April: Additional Service Hours for Honors Convocation Due
April 30: Senior Survey and Scholarship Notification Deadline
May: Senior Mom Farewell Dinner - All Mercy Moms are invited to celebrate the end of the year! Enjoy a catered strolling dinner. See new and familiar faces. Senior moms will be recognized in a special way by their daughters and the Mothers Club.
May 17 - 19: Senior Final Exams
May 19: Mercy Celebration Day
- Honors/Moving Up: You will wear your cap and gown for both of these events so be sure to have all parts with you including your medallion. If you are not present for Honors, you WILL NOT be allowed to participate in Moving up. Parents are welcome to attend. Advisee Parties for Seniors and Moving Up in the afternoon in the auditorium (cap and gown).
- Final celebration Mass. Wear cap and gown as Seniors will need to line up at 5:30pm for procession. Mass at 6pm in Auditorium
- Flower presentation to the Blessed Mother by Seniors after Mass
- Senior Farewell presentation and speeches
- Emily George Award and Heart of Mercy Award
- Reception in gym with appetizers immediately following
- Parents, families and friends are invited
May 20: Senior Prom at the Roostertail
- 7:00pm-12:00am. Must arrive by 7:45pm and cannot leave before 11:00pm.
- Table Seating
- End of Year Promise must be submitted to purchase Prom tickets
If you are not present, you are not allowed to walk at graduation. You must be there by 9:45 and breakfast will be served between 9:30-9:50 a.m. It will be a light breakfast and practice will start prompt at 10 a.m. Please dress appropriately. This venue is a historical and beautiful venue so dress appropriately. Bring a sweater and sweatshirt to stay warm. You must bring the shoes you are wearing for graduation also so you can practice walking the stage in them. Do not make appointments/work/etc on the same day for 12:30-1pm. We may run over and will not allow anyone to leave until we are done.
All graduation dresses must be approved before rehearsal.
June 6: Graduation Ceremony 2:00 p.m.
- Orchestra Hall, Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
Graduates and faculty will arrive at 1:00 p.m.
Families will line-up at main entrance doors on Madison. Doors will open at 1:30 p.m.
Ushers will pass out programs provided by Mercy High School.
Seating first come, first serve and is available on the main floor and balcony.
More specific information will come at a later date about which side of the building your daughters will be exiting on and where they will be seating so you can plan accordingly.
Accessible seating for patrons in wheelchairs and a companion is available on the main floor.
Seniors must arrive at 1:00pm to line up and receive roses. Please report to backstage when you arrive and leave personal belongings (purses, cell phones, etc) with a family member.
A professional photographer will take pictures of each graduate as she receives her diploma
Video is taken of the entire ceremony and will be posted online to Vimeo. The Vimeo link and login information will be sent when available so you can view, download and save the 2021 graduation.
FORMS - Form links will be updated and are coming soon.
- Mercy High School Graduation is a formal academic commencement ceremony. As such each graduate is to be dressed in a modest, white gown. In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, every student must have her white graduation gown approved by Dr. Cheryl Kreger or her assistant, Mrs. Marlene Wojcik. You are welcome to bring your choice of dress to the Advancement Office for approval at any time during the school year, but it must be approved by graduation rehearsal.
- Graduation Gown Requirements - Info coming soon.
Each student will receive 8 graduation tickets. The graduate does not require a ticket to attend the ceremony.
For your student's convenience, tickets may be picked up from the Reception Area, or in the cafeteria during designated times that will be communicated.
Each graduate will be allowed to request up to 12 extra graduation tickets for a total of 20 tickets. The extra ticket request form requiring a parent signature will be posted in May and submitted to the Reception Area. Students will be notified when their extra tickets are available.
The last day to request extra graduation tickets is TBD. There will be no ticket processing during Mercy Day of Celebration.
Senior families will be notified beginning of any available tickets beyond the 20 allotment.
PEARL JEWELRY SETS
END OF YEAR PROMISE
SENIOR ALL NIGHT PARTY
EXTRA GRADUATION TICKET REQUEST FORM