S - E -N - I - O - R - S !!
Here is important information you and your parents need
to know for Class of 2019 activities.
Be sure to click back often for announcements,
links, and updates!
2019 Class Officer Board
2018 Human Relations Council
Senior Class Alumnae Luncheon - Submit this permission form to Reception desk by December 17. Also complete this College and Career Interest Google Form so that we can make every effort to seat you with alumnae accordingly.
Memory DVD Photos Needed - Please submit your photos to the Google Drive folders linked below. If you have any questions, please talk to your senior class officers.
August 25: College Application Information Meeting Part 2 held 10:45am-11:55am in the Auditorium
October 19: Senior Blessing Mass - This special mass will be held in the afternoon during 6th-7th hours of the school day and it designed for the seniors only. The priest will deliver a special blessing for the ladies as they begin their last year of high school. Parents and family members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
October 31: Deadline to submit BABY PICTURES for Memory DVD to email@example.com
November 9: Yearbook Congratulatory Ads Due
November 11: Senior Quotes Due
November 13-16: Kairos Retreat #1
December 20: Deadline to submit PICTURES of Freshwoman, Sophomore and Junior Year for Memory DVD to firstname.lastname@example.org
January 29: Senior Class - Alumnae Luncheon from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm at Glen Oaks, Farmington Hills. The Class of 2019 will gather with Mercy High School alumnae for a special sisterhood luncheon. Bus transportation will be provided. Professional dress is required (e.g., dresses, suits, skirts, or dress pants). Skirts and dresses should be worn no more than two inches above the knee. Submit this permission form to Reception desk by December 17. Also complete this College and Career Interest Google Form so that we can make every effort to seat you with alumnae accordingly.
February 12-15: Kairos Retreat #2
February: Senior Sayings Due
March: Service Hours and Reflection Paper
April 1: Deadline to submit PICTURES of Senior Year for Memory DVD/Flash Drive to email@example.com
April: End of Year Promise Due and Alternative Spring Break Papers Due
April 9-12: Kairos Retreat #3
April: Senior Survey and Scholarship Notification Deadline
April 16: Memory DVD Order Form Due
May 16: Senior Prom at the Roostertail in Detroit
- Table Seating
- Roostertail Dress Code
May 23: Mercy Celebration Day
- Honors/Moving Up: You will wear your cap and gown for both of these events so be sure to have all parts with you including your medallion. If you are not present for Honors, you WILL NOT be allowed to participate in Moving up. Parents are welcome to attend. Advisee Parties for Seniors and Moving Up in the afternoon in the auditorium (cap and gown).
- Final celebration Mass. Wear cap and gown as Seniors will need to line up at 5:30pm for procession. Mass at 6pm in Auditorium
- Flower presentation to the Blessed Mother by Seniors after Mass
- Senior Farewell presentation and speeches
- Emily George Award and Heart of Mercy Award
- Reception in gym with appetizers immediately following
- Parents, families and friends are invited
If you are not present, you are not allowed to walk at graduation. You must be there by 9:45 and breakfast will be served between 9:30-9:50 a.m. It will be a light breakfast and practice will start prompt at 10 a.m. Please park at the Detroit Opera House Parking center at 1426 Broadway Street. Take a ticket when you enter to give to the attendant when you exit. You WILL NOT be charged. Absolutely no food or drink will be allowed within the venue and please keep your cell phones away during the event. If we see them, we will confiscate them. Please dress appropriately. This venue is a historical and beautiful venue so dress appropriately. Bring a sweater and sweatshirt to stay warm. You must bring the shoes you are wearing for graduation also so you can practice walking the stage in them. Do not make appointments/work/etc on the same day for 12:30-1pm. We may run over and will not allow anyone to leave until we are done.
June 2: Graduation Ceremony 2:00 p.m.
- Detroit Opera House, 1526 Broadway Street, Detroit, MI 48226
- Graduation seating chart
Students and faculty will arrive at 1:00 p.m. and enter through the Stage/Security door off Madison.
Families will line-up at main entrance doors on Madison. Doors will open at 1:30 p.m. or earlier if Opera House is prepared and people are lined-up.
Ushers will pass out programs provided by Mercy High School.
Seating first come, first serve and is available on the main floor and balcony.
More specific information will come at a later date about which side of the building your daughters will be exiting on and where they will be seating so you can plan accordingly.
Accessible seating for patrons in wheelchairs and a companion is available on the main floor.
Seniors must arrive at 1:00pm to line up and receive roses. Please report to backstage when you arrive and leave personal belongings (purses, cell phones, etc) with a family member.
A professional photographer will take pictures of each graduate as she receives her diploma
Video is taken of the entire ceremony and will be mailed to each graduate approximately 4 - 6 weeks after graduation
- Detentions. Contact or see Mrs. Tarplin in the Dean's Office.
- Financial (tuition, sweepstakes) Contact Business Office or Dr. Kreger.
- MCAP requirement (service hours completed and reflection paper submitted) Contact Mrs. Griggs-Dennis in the Pastoral Ministry Office.
- Senior Survey Contact Mrs. Burek in the Counseling Office.
June 2 - SENIOR ALL NIGHT PARTY
DETAILS and FORMS - Coming soon for 2019!
- Mercy High School Graduation is a formal academic commencement ceremony. As such each graduate is to be dressed in a modest, white gown. In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, every student must have her white graduation gown approved by Dr. Cheryl Kreger or her assistant, Mrs. Marlene Wojcik. You are welcome to bring your choice of dress to the Advancement Office for approval at any time during the school year, but it must be approved by graduation rehearsal.
- Graduation Gown Requirements
End of Year Promise
Memory DVD $25 Order Form Due April 16
SENIOR PROM 2019
- Table Seating
- Roostertail Dress Code
Lawn Sign & Jewelry Form
Senior All Night Party
- Mercy Consent Form
- Joe Dumars Event Waiver
- Medical Waiver
Extra graduation ticket request form
Contact Info Emails