S - E -N - I - O - R - S !!
Here is important information you and your parents need
to know for Class of 2019 activities.
Be sure to click back often for announcements,
links, and updates!
2019 Class Officer Board
Each student will receive 8 graduation tickets and may pick up her tickets beginning this Wednesday, May 8. The graduate does not require a ticket to attend the ceremony.
For your student's convenience, tickets may be picked up from the Reception Area, or in the cafeteria during designated times that will be communicated.
Each graduate will be allowed to request up to 12 extra graduation tickets for a total of 20 tickets. The extra ticket request form requiring a parent signature can be found here and submitted to the Reception Area. Students will be notified when their extra tickets are available.
The last day to request extra graduation tickets is Wednesday, May 22. There will be no ticket processing during Mercy Day of Celebration on Thursday, May 23.
Senior families will be notified beginning Tuesday, May 28 of any available tickets beyond the 20 allotment.
Mercy Google Account - Please be aware that on August 1, 2019 your Mercy Google account will be deleted. This means all email and any files you have uploaded to your Mercy Google drive will be deleted. If you wish to transfer any of your content here is a link to Google Takeout which will allow you to download a copy of most of your content and upload it to a personal Google account. Also if you have created any accounts on other sites or cloud based services (Dropbox, Box, Apple etc.) using your Mercy email address you will have to change those accounts to use a personal email address instead before August 1st, 2019. Congrats on your graduation and as always if you have any further questions stop by the Tech Office.
EVENTS and DEADLINES
May 23: Mercy Celebration Day
- Honors/Moving Up: You will wear your cap and gown for both of these events so be sure to have all parts with you including your medallion. If you are not present for Honors, you WILL NOT be allowed to participate in Moving up. Parents are welcome to attend. Advisee Parties for Seniors and Moving Up in the afternoon in the auditorium (cap and gown).
- Click here for schedule.
- Final celebration Mass. Wear cap and gown as Seniors will need to line up at 5:30pm for procession. Mass at 6pm in Auditorium
- Flower presentation to the Blessed Mother by Seniors after Mass
- Senior Farewell presentation and speeches
- Emily George Award and Heart of Mercy Award
- Reception in gym with appetizers immediately following
- Parents, families and friends are invited
If you are not present, you are not allowed to walk at graduation. You must be there by 9:45 and breakfast will be served between 9:30-9:50 a.m. It will be a light breakfast and practice will start prompt at 10 a.m. Please park at the Detroit Opera House Parking center at 1426 Broadway Street. Take a ticket when you enter to give to the attendant when you exit. You WILL NOT be charged. Absolutely no food or drink will be allowed within the venue and please keep your cell phones away during the event. If we see them, we will confiscate them. Please dress appropriately. This venue is a historical and beautiful venue so dress appropriately. Bring a sweater and sweatshirt to stay warm. You must bring the shoes you are wearing for graduation also so you can practice walking the stage in them. Do not make appointments/work/etc on the same day for 12:30-1pm. We may run over and will not allow anyone to leave until we are done.
All graduation dresses must be approved before rehearsal on May 28th.
June 2: Graduation Ceremony 2:00 p.m.
- Detroit Opera House, 1526 Broadway Street, Detroit, MI 48226
- Click here for link to the graduation seating chart
Students and faculty will arrive at 1:00 p.m. and enter through the Stage/Security door off Madison.
Families will line-up at main entrance doors on Madison. Doors will open at 1:30 p.m. or earlier if Opera House is prepared and people are lined-up.
Ushers will pass out programs provided by Mercy High School.
Seating first come, first serve and is available on the main floor and balcony.
More specific information will come at a later date about which side of the building your daughters will be exiting on and where they will be seating so you can plan accordingly.
Accessible seating for patrons in wheelchairs and a companion is available on the main floor.
Seniors must arrive at 1:00pm to line up and receive roses. Please report to backstage when you arrive and leave personal belongings (purses, cell phones, etc) with a family member.
A professional photographer will take pictures of each graduate as she receives her diploma
Video is taken of the entire ceremony and will be mailed to each graduate approximately 4 - 6 weeks after graduation
- Detentions. Contact or see Mrs. Tarplin in the Dean's Office.
- Financial (tuition, sweepstakes) Contact Business Office or Dr. Kreger.
- MCAP requirement (service hours completed and reflection paper submitted) Contact Mrs. Griggs-Dennis in the Pastoral Ministry Office.
- Senior Survey Contact Mrs. Burek in the Counseling Office.
June 2 - SENIOR ALL NIGHT PARTY
Following graduation, all seniors who have submitted required permission forms will enjoy one last night with each other as a class. Mercy Lobby doors will open for check-in at 10:15pm. Students will board buses and leave Mercy at 10:45pm for Joe Dumars Fieldhouse. The ending time is 6:30am. Students are asked to wear shorts and closed-toe shoes. They do not need to bring anything and phones will be left at Mercy so the students can truly enjoy being together one last time. If you have any SANP questions, please contact the senior all-night party committee or Associate Principal Colleen McMaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DETAILS and FORMS
- Mercy High School Graduation is a formal academic commencement ceremony. As such each graduate is to be dressed in a modest, white gown. In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, every student must have her white graduation gown approved by Dr. Cheryl Kreger or her assistant, Mrs. Marlene Wojcik. You are welcome to bring your choice of dress to the Advancement Office for approval at any time during the school year, but it must be approved by graduation rehearsal.
- Graduation Gown Requirements
Senior All Night Party
Contact Info Emails
August 25: College Application Information Meeting Part 2 held 10:45am-11:55am in the Auditorium
October 19: Senior Blessing Mass - This special mass will be held in the afternoon during 6th-7th hours of the school day and it designed for the seniors only. The priest will deliver a special blessing for the ladies as they begin their last year of high school. Parents and family members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
October 31: Deadline to submit BABY PICTURES for Memory DVD to email@example.com
November 9: Yearbook Congratulatory Ads Due
November 11: Senior Quotes Due
November 13-16: Kairos Retreat #1
December 20: Deadline to submit PICTURES of Freshwoman, Sophomore and Junior Year for Memory DVD to firstname.lastname@example.org
January 29: Senior Class - Alumnae Luncheon from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm at Glen Oaks, Farmington Hills. The Class of 2019 will gather with Mercy High School alumnae for a special sisterhood luncheon. Bus transportation will be provided. Professional dress is required (e.g., dresses, suits, skirts, or dress pants). Skirts and dresses should be worn no more than two inches above the knee. Submit this permission form to Reception desk by December 17. Also complete this College and Career Interest Google Form so that we can make every effort to seat you with alumnae accordingly.
February 12-15: Kairos Retreat #2
March 8: Service Hours and Reflection Paper
April 1: Deadline to submit PICTURES of Senior Year for Memory DVD/Flash Drive to email@example.com
April 5: End of Year Promise Due and Alternative Spring Break Papers Due
April 9-12: Kairos Retreat #3
April 16: Memory DVD $25 Order Form Due
April 29: Additional Service Hours for Honors Convocation Due
April 30: Senior Survey and Scholarship Notification Deadline
May 6: Senior Mom Farewell Dinner - All Mercy Moms are invited to celebrate the end of the year! Enjoy a catered strolling dinner. See new and familiar faces. Senior moms will be recognized in a special way by their daughters and the Mothers Club.
May 16: Senior Prom at the Roostertail
- May 16th from 7:00pm-12:00am. Must arrive by 7:45pm and cannot leave before 11:00pm.
- $85/person; $170/couple
- Tickets on sale April 8-12 before school in the cafeteria and during 5th hour in the English office.
- Table Seating
- End of Year Promise must be submitted to purchase Prom tickets