Mercy High School Soccer 2018-- From September Meeting
Welcome to the Mercy High School soccer program!
The coaching staff has been given the important task of building upon your Mercy education by adding a challenging and rewarding experience as you represent your school on the soccer field. You will learn the value of teamwork as well as personal commitment and responsibility. We expect all involved in our program to adhere to our Mercy values both on and off the field.
Our goals for the 2018 season are as follows:
1. Catholic League Championship!
2. MHSAA District Championship
Tom James – Varsity Head Coach - Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 248-893-3590
Tania Macioce ’92 – Varsity Assistant
Coach Mario Tartaglia - JV Head Coach, Varsity Assistant Coach
● Mercy Soccer Chalk Talks - Wednesdays at 4 PM @ Mercy - Starting September, 20th.
● Conditioning will start after Christmas break on January, 10th 2018 and be held @ Mercy on M-W-F up through the start of tryouts. Times TBD.
● Tryouts - March 12 -15, 2018. Place and time TBD.
Since our first game follows the first week of tryouts, it is important that students show up to tryouts at or near game shape. All prospective soccer players will complete a two mile timed run as part of the try out process. Players wishing to be considered for the varsity team should complete the run in 15 minutes or less. We will likely be in a preseason tournament the weekend immediately following tryouts (JV & Varsity).
● Mercy Soccer uses TeamSnap to get important and up to date information to our players and parents. If you are not already a member you will be added from the signup list at today’s meeting. We will share the game schedule via TeamSnap as soon as it is available (mid-November).
● We will hold practices over Easter break starting the Wednesday after Easter Sunday and players are expected to be present. Saturday practices are also likely once the season starts. Attendance policy and other team rules will be shared after tryouts.
● Once the game schedule is released please try and plan activities (retreats, college testing, school dances, etc.) accordingly. We expect your full commitment to the team. Please be aware that in accordance with MHSAA rules all events prior to the start of the actual soccer season (March 12th, 2018) are non-mandatory, open to all Mercy students and not used as part of the team selection process.