2022 VOLUNTARY SUMMER BASKETBALL
- All grades will practice June 13-14-20-21-27-28: July 11-12 and then two days the week of July 18th. These 10 days will be the only days we practice. In June, the “V” group will practice from 4:00-6:00pm and the JV” group will practice from 6:00-8:00pm. In July, practice times for July 11-12 and days/times for the week of July 18 are TBD. Whether you are available to attend all or just a portion of practice each day due to other obligations, we encourage you to do so. If you are unavailable to attend one practice due to a time conflict, please attend the other practice.
We will divide players into two groups for games. The “V” group will be primarily returning V players and 11th graders; and the “JV” group (coached by Jim Lovat) will be primarily 10th graders, along with some 9th graders. Participation in games will be by invitation.
Both groups will play games in June and July. Game dates for both groups will be June 15-16-22-23-29-30; July 13-14. These games will be played at Plymouth-Canton-Salem-Northville or Novi High School. Games will start at 5:00pm and end by 9:15pm. There will be two games per day. The “V” group will also play June 24 at Madonna University and June 25 at Schoolcraft College, time TBD.
- The Gaylord Team Camp will be July 26-28 (please note that camp is now one day later than previously announced). We will leave for camp the afternoon of July 25 and return late afternoon/early evening July 28. Participation in team camp will be by invitation only.
There is no cost to participate in summer basketball practices, but there is a fee (TBD) to play in summer games and the team camp.
- In addition to posting on TeamSnap, all summer basketball information will be on the Mercy Athletics website. To access, please go to the Mercy website, then Athletics, Team Websites, Basketball, Team News and Information.
- The Coach Taylor Clinic for Mercy players will be Friday, June 17, from 11:00am-2:00pm. Bob Taylor is the former coach at Oakland (women) and Northwood (men). He did a clinic for us a few years ago and it was very good.
- Regarding our game schedule for the upcoming season, the 2022-23 schedule will be posted this summer. However, just a reminder that we will have basketball over Christmas break, including a game and a scrimmage. We play our first Catholic League game on January 6, 2023.
Any questions, please contact Coach Morris at email@example.com or 734-673-3139.