COLLEGE PLANNING FOR JUNIORS CLASS OF 2021
College Information Night for 11th Grade Parents
Please join us for an evening of discussion about the college planning and admissions process. We invite Class of 2021 parents to attend College Information Night held at Mercy High School, Thursday, November 7th at 7:00 pm in the Mercy Auditorium. This evening serves as a kick-off to the Individual College Planning Meeting with the student, parent(s) and counselor and the next 18 months of the college planning process.
College Planning Information Letter & Individual Meeting Sign Up
All junior families received the following College Planning Meeting information letter.
Dear Class of 2021 Parents/Guardians,
In order to assist and support students and families through the college planning process that takes place this year, Mercy's Counselors will provide services to all junior students and their parents in an individual College Planning Meeting. This meeting is an opportunity for you and your daughter to meet with her Counselor to focus on the following:
- Review of transcript to discuss high school grade trends
- Discussion about: college admission tests (ACT/SAT) and test preparation, building a college list, and identifying colleges the student has an interest in
- Sharing resources that can assist parents and students in the planning process
- Discuss student and Counselor roles and responsibilities during the college planning and admissions process
To best prepare for their College Planning Meeting, students and parents have important responsibilities:
- Parents are invited to attend the College Planning Presentation tomorrow, Thursday, November 7th at 7:00pm in the Auditorium.
- Students will be completing a College Interest Questionnaire in their adviser group this week of November 4th. The information gathered in the form will enable us to provide guidance and direction specific to your daughter's interests and needs in regards to college planning.
- Parents will need to complete a "Parent Brag Sheet" which allows you to tell us about your daughter to help assist us when writing a letter of recommendation and building a college list. This form can be accessed in your SCOIR parent account: once logged in, you will see the Surveys link under your name in the left corner. An invitation to SCOIR was sent to parents in the spring and resent on November 4th.
Parents also need to schedule the College Planning Meeting online, using the appropriate link below. These meetings will begin on November 18th and run through the end of January. Registration will close 2 days prior to each available meeting date. When scheduling your meeting, please be sure to schedule a time that works with your schedule AND your daughter's schedule. To schedule a College Planning Meeting, use the appropriate SignUp Genius link:
- LAST NAMES A-G (Mrs. Bennetts) - Please use this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080E45ADAF2DAB9-11th
- LAST NAMES H-O (Mrs. Hessler) - Please use this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080E45ADAF2DAB9-11th2
- LAST NAMES P-Z (Mrs. Casey) - Please use this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080E45ADAF2DAB9-11th1
Our goal is to provide high-quality college counseling services to our students and develop a working relationship with families. We look forward to working with you and your daughter in this process!
Mercy Counseling Department Staff