- All current 9th graders (Class of 2020) will turn-in their iPads by July 1st.
- Your iPad will be reconfigured with a new mobile device management profile which will wipe out all apps and data that are currently on the device and place the device under the supervision of the school.
- You will not be able to restore your device from an iCloud backup.
- You will be able to restore app and book purchases from the App Store once your device is returned to you.
- If there are documents that you need to save you will have to save them to iCloud Drive (Pages, Keynote) or your Mercy Google drive prior to turning it in.
- Photos and videos can be backed up using the Google Photos app or by saving them to a computer or other device.
- Once your iPad is turned in you will be able to pick it up within 10 business days from the IT Office.
Click here to learn more about the tools Apple continues to develop specifically for their educational environments.
Please see below the answers to some frequently asked questions (FAQs) that we have received since Mercy High School announced the deployment of Apple Classroom next school year starting with the 9th and 10th grade class:
Monitor what students are doing on their iPads in class
Share links and other content to the whole class
Open up the same app or iBook on every iPad in the class
Easily share student screens with the rest of the class
Lock student iPads to one app to create a more secure testing environment or to focus student attention
Any iOS device running version 9.3 and above
The Apple Classroom iOS app (teacher only)
Student devices must be supervised (Read more about Apple device supervision here.)