Beginning with the 2016-17 school year, Mercy will initiate a new daily schedule. This change comes after considerable information gathering, discussion, and some experimentation.
What has not changed:
- Six days each cycle
- One unscheduled day per cycle for each class period
- The adviser program
- Senior released time
- Overall time frame of the school day
What has changed:
- All classes will have the same amount of contact time.
- There will be a daily, 20 minute break when all students will be in the Adviser Group. This will eliminate the non-stop "straight" day for everyone. The break will allow students to eat something, pause, relax, socialize in the Adviser Group, etc...
- The school day will begin at 8:00 a.m. with the first hour class.
8:00-8:50 1st hour (adds one minute for morning prayer)
8:55-9:44 2nd hour
9:49-10:38 3rd hour
10:42-11:02 Adviser Group (4 minute passing to/from)
11:06-11:55 4th hour
12:00-12:49 5th hour
12:54-1:43 6th hour
1:48-2:37 7th hour
Class attendance will still be taken each class period. All school daily attendance will be taken in the Adviser Group which meets each day following 3rd hour. A bell tone will signal the beginning time and the ending time for each class period. Sign-out will still occur at the end of the day.
In honor of the Varsity Softball Team winning the Division I State Championship title, we will add an additional day off (September 6th) to our Labor Day weekend and return to school on Wednesday September 7th!
Click here for a history of the modular schedule at Mercy High School and new sample schedule.