Submitted on Wed, 09/03/2014 - 12:00am
Attention Mercy Parents:
Please make note of the following information.
- Mercy Make a Difference Day is scheduled for Tuesday, September 23. We are looking for service location suggestions, organization name or a contact name and e-mail address would be great. We are also looking for parent volunteers. The day starts around 8 a.m. and we should be done around 1 p.m. Please e-mail Colleen Rozman, email@example.com, with service location suggestions or if you would like to volunteer.
- Click here for word document of medical form and permission slip.
- Click here to download PDF of permission slip and medical form.
- Late Start for Monday, September 22: Sign-in will take place between 9:00 and 9:15 a.m. 1st hour will begin at 9:20 a.m.
- Rationale for the Homecoming Dance date change: Our Student Government desired to change the original date, Friday, September 19, to avoid conflicts with other schools and their activities. They formally proposed a change to Administration. We considered each potential Homecoming day during Spirit Week and found that none were perfect. Sunday, September 21 presented the least number of conflicts. Despite the late start on Monday, September 22, the building will be open at 7 a.m. and students will be welcome to come in the morning as usual. This will allow for students who take the bus, or get dropped off to stick to their regular schedules if need be. We, as the Administration, feel that being open to the ideas of our elected Student Government sent out a great message that we are willing to work with the students, especially regarding a dance that is for and about them. We recognize that there maybe some difficul ty for dates, however, having a Homecoming Dance on a Sunday is not unprecedented. Other schools have done it and still do it. The Homecoming Dance will conclude at 10:30 p.m., so our Mercy girls and their dates should be able to get home at a reasonable time and make it to school on Monday morning.